Data Protection Compliance Advisor
Our client is a leading retail bank with a requirement for a Data Protection Compliance Advisor to join their team. The role will be based in Dublin City Centre on a permanent basis. The Data Protection Compliance Advisor will assist the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in advising on the obligations pursuant to the GDPR and relevant privacy legislation and monitor conformity with these provisions and is bound by secrecy or confidentiality concerning the performance of his/her tasks.
• Undertake any required investigations into possible or suspected breaches of data protection legislation and complaints.
• Manage data security incident process and subsequent reporting to relevant regulatory bodies.
• Provide advice and assistance to business units on data protection compliance issues
• Review on a periodic basis, the relevant compliance domains and business areas
• Assist business units in the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and records of processing documents.
• Co-ordinate and deliver education and training to business units.
• Develop and collate business unit monthly KRI’s and management information metrics for DPO risk management and reporting.
• Monitor on an overview basis the Compliance of the Group and report, as appropriate, any issues or risks.
• Where appropriate represent the Data Protection Office at various compliance bodies
• Provide advice and guidance to data subject rights teams.
• Support the development and implementation of the local data protection framework.
• Professional qualification, (Data Protection/Compliance/Legal/Accounting/IT Security).
• 3 Year + experience working in a Compliance Role (preferably in financial services).
• Demonstrated understanding of data protection and related laws and regulations.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organisation in a professional manner and communicate data protection terminology.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to think and act independently and as part of team are crucial to this role.
• Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office)
If this role is of interest please contact Andrew Wynne at the enclosed address.