Data Protection Officer, Retail Banking
My client is one of Ireland’s leading retail banks.
This role reports directly to the Head of Compliance. Due to The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) being introduced in May 2018, my client is hiring a GDPR expert to work as part of an independent compliance function within the second line of defence (SLOD).
• Devise appropriate policies and procedures that ensure compliance with the GDPR
• Monitor the implementation and application of the GDPR
• Inform and advise staff of their GDPR obligations and provide training as required
• Act as the point of contact for the Data Protection Commission
• Report data protection concerns to senior management
Third level degree and/or relevant professional qualification
Relevant experience and knowledge of data protection practice and law
Expert knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation