My client a Global Asset Manager are looking to hire a Designated person for Investment Management on a permanent basis in their Dublin city centre office . The role requires building strong relationships with colleagues in global locations, delegate investment managers and Boards.
This individual must be a self-starter capable of working collaboratively and cross-functionally to maintain priorities and achieve goals. The primary role of the position is to perform on-going investment management oversight of a number of managed funds in order to ensure that the funds continue to be managed in line with their legal, regulatory and fiduciary requirements and to generate regular and exception based reporting for the Boards to enable Directors to fulfil their governance obligations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain responsibility for the day to day investment management oversight of a number of funds
• Perform the designated person for investment management managerial function on a day-to-day basis in line with the
Company‘s business plan, policies and Central Bank regulations
• Complete initial and on-going due diligence (including site visits) of the delegated investment managers to ensure they
continue to operate and perform in line with regulatory standards and company policies and provide reporting on same to the Board
• Review relevant policies and procedures and ensure they remain updated and in line with regulatory developments and recommend
any necessary changes to the Board
• Monitor the performance of the delegate investment managers in line with the SLAs in place and through the reporting framework, key performance indicators and review meetings ensuring that any issues are escalated to the Board and resolved in a timely manner.
Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the delegate investment managers and relevant group colleagues to ensure clear lines of communication are in place
·Generate exceptional and regular Board reporting to inform Directors on the extent of the Fund’s compliance with all of its legal, regulatory and fiduciary obligations and to highlight any issues that may require consideration by the Board.
• Attend monthly Investment Committee meetings and quarterly Board meetings and provide relevant reporting and input to these forums
• Ensure that any actions raised at Board meetings are subsequently progressed and resolved in a timely manner and to the Board’s satisfaction
• Support the on-boarding of new funds and investment managers by participating and contributing to the preparation of fund
policies and procedures and carrying out appropriate review of the proposed investment approach and investment manager capabilities.
• Strong academic background ideally with relevant post graduate or technical qualifications.
• Experience in a similar role which involved investment oversight of UCITS and/or AIFMD compliant funds
• Possesses good knowledge of investment management functions
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work with them to navigate challenges
and resolve issues.
• At least 8+ years of relevant industry experience in a funds service or funds management organization.
Please contact Liam Murphy if you meet the key criteria and wish to apply