My client is a growing pharmaceutical company. Due to a recent acquisition they are currently recruiting for a newly created Finance Manager role.
Reports to: Finance Director
Purpose of position: The Finance Manager will assume responsibility for the Irish Finance Function including but not limited to the provision of all internal and external financial reporting, financial control, tax compliance, internal control, working capital and cash management. The Finance Manager will also assist the Finance Director in the financial management, reporting and oversight of other entities in the group.
• Deliver the monthly management accounts of the Irish entity and all related reporting requirements to strict timelines and ensure the accuracy of the financial results by the preparation of accurate and timely account analysis and reconciliations.
• Prepare and deliver all statutory reporting to strict timelines in accordance with local/statutory accounting standards, and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Take ownership pf the tax compliance function including but not limited to the preparation of bi-monthly VAT returns and corporate tax returns.
• Take ownership of the Irish financial audit and ensure that audits are concluded in a timely manner.
• Manage working capital including the assumption of the Accounts Payable function.
• Manage cash balances and provide accurate and timely cash forecasting.
• Support tax planning within the Group including the calculation and implementation of transfer prices.
• Assist the Company Secretarial function to include the filing of the Annual Report.
• Support the administration of the Irish and ROW entities including but not limited to the opening of bank accounts and new vendor relationships
• Ensure adequate systems and procedures are in place to provide controls, safeguard the company’s assets and ensure the efficient execution of financial activities.
• Support the preparation of the budget and periodic forecasts.
• Support the business through the provision of proactive analysis and interpretation of business performance including the investigation of monthly variances to budget and forecast and the provision of financial information to enable informed operational decision-making.
• Responsible for assisting with special projects as needed including business integrations, process improvements etc
• Big 4/top 10 trained with 2-4 years' pqe
• 2-3 years post qualification experience in finance with very good understanding of technical accounting
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and in a multi-national environment is considered advantageous
• Knowledge of statutory accounting requirements and experience of financial statement preparation and tax compliance
Salary: €70k - €75k