Financial Accountant – Aviation
Our client, a leading global aircraft leasing company are seeking a financial accountant to join their Dublin city centre based team. Reporting to the VP, Finance, the successful candidate will form part of the Finance function and be responsible for the following key tasks.
• Preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts
• Preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual group reporting packs in line with Group template.
• Maintaining schedules for each of the major balance sheet and income statement accounts.
• Preparing and reviewing annual financial statements at group and single entity level under IFRS.
• Responsibility for the statutory audit process at group and single entity level.
• Ongoing liaison with auditors, bankers, lawyers and other transaction parties.
• Assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process and performing variance analysis on budgeted v actual.
• Maintenance of the bank accounts, including preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Ensuring all tax filings, regulatory and ad-hoc reporting is completed in accordance with regulatory and deal requirements.
• Providing support to the other functions within the Finance department and throughout the company.
• Reviewing new lease, loan and transaction agreements.
• Management of accounting for external financing, including hedge accounting.
• Assisting in the preparation of reports and analysis for Board of Directors.
• Performing annual/bi-annual impairment review of assets in line with IAS 36.
• Hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA)
• Prior experience in the audit or accounting function of Aircraft Leasing or SPV entities would be a significant advantage
• A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and financial and regulatory reporting requirements
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Candidates from a “Big 4” background with exposure to financial services is preferred.
If this opportunity is of interest please contact Andrew Wynne at the enclosed address.