Financial Accountant – 12 Month Contract – Insurance
My client, a leading general insurance firm have an immediate vacancy for a financial accountant on a 12 month contract.
Reporting to the Head of Finance,
This role will be responsible for decision support and analysis is available to the business as well as ensuring that the control function of the finance team is operating effectively.
• Preparation and review of quarterly and annual Group and Company Solvency II returns to the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) to the highest standards ensuring accuracy and appropriate supporting detail is in place
• Interpreting guidance on Pillar 3 developments introduced by EIOPA and the CBI.
• Coordination and collation of all quarterly and annual returns liaising with all relevant departments including Actuarial, Underwriting, Reinsurance and Business Intelligence.
• Working closely with the Compliance area to answer any queries from the CBI and respond on a timely basis
• Responsible for the daily Treasury requirements and working with the wider Finance Team to manage the requirements
• Working closely with the Investment function on the investment accounting area and becoming proficient on the investment management system and the month-end close requirements
• Supporting the month-end process and getting more involved over time in preparation of the management accounts
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance
• A qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA)
• Ideally 1-2 years PQE in Insurance
• Solvency II experience is an advantage
If you are interested in this role please send a CV in confidence to Richie Goggin or contact me on 016377082.