My client, a large plc based in Dublin North is seeking a Financial Accountant for a 6 month contract role with a view to being made permanent.
The Financial Accountant is a key member of the Group Head Office Financial Accounting team, who are responsible for the financial accounting for the group PLC head office entities consisting primarily of the financing and corporate overhead companies.
• Producing monthly management accounts for multiple entities in line with group reporting deadlines, working closely with the Treasury, FP&A and Consolidation teams
• Produce quarterly forecasts and budgets in line with group reporting deadlines
• Monitor the established internal financial control environment to ensure that current standards are maintained or improved
• Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation and support files for audit, fielding auditor queries to ensure that the audit is successfully completed
• Preparation of tax packs for annual tax returns and dealing with any related queries from tax team
• Preparation of statutory accounts for multiple head office companies
• Look for opportunities to improve efficiency in day to day processes and assist in driving process improvement initiatives across the team
• Assist in coaching and developing more junior members of the team
• Provide support to Team Supervisor and other finance team on ad hoc projects and queries
• Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualification experience in a corporate team
• Technically strong and good attention to detail
• Team player and can do attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Advanced/intermediate excel skills required