My client, a leading retail bank, is seeking a recently qualified Financial Accountant to join their Financial Accounting and External Reporting team. This is a permanent position based in Dublin City Centre.
You will be involved in the provision of financial and management accounting expertise within the finance function of the bank along with involvement with some significant projects within the Group. The successful candidate will have excellent opportunities to learn and progress both within the Finance function and the Group.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accuracy of the general ledger;
- Assisting with the preparation and posting of month end journals and monthly subsidiary accounts;
- Assisting with the preparation and review of the Annual Statutory Accounts of the Group, the Group’s subsidiaries and specific Securitisation entities;
- Assisting with coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data and the preparation of accurate financial reports;
- Assisting with interpreting the financial results for the Group to management and recommending improvement activities;
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- You are a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- You have Financial Services background ideally from a Big 4 practice;
- You have strong technical knowledge of IFRS;
- You have good knowledge of the Irish banking sector and business;
- You have strong desire to progress your career within the banking sector.
Suitable candidates wishing to apply for this role should send their CV in Word format to Anastasia@thepanel.com.