Position: Financial Analyst
Reporting To: Finance Manager
The Financial Analyst role is a new position which is being created to assist the senior management team in getting a more detailed understanding of business performance and providing a finance resource to assist in category management, financial forecasting, budgeting and the evaluation of commercial opportunities in the business units.
• Monthly analysis of financial performance
• Preparation of monthly business unit review presentations
• Partnering with the general managers of the business units by helping them to understand the financial implications of commercial issues
• Assist the Category Management team with analysis and information to assist them in the development of the procurement function in the business
• Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process
• Assist in improving and developing the reporting capability of the company
• Track competition and identify threats and opportunities
• Monitor industry developments and economic trends to determine impacts and implications on business models and plans
• Ongoing development of the financial planning and analysis function
• Ad-hoc project work including due diligence, capex appraisals, etc
• Qualified Accountant (ideally Big 4/Top 10 trained) with 0-2 years’ PQE.
• Advanced use of Excel (e.g. V lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros etc.) and PowerPoint.
• Strong numerical skills and be comfortable preparing/analysing large amounts of data.
• Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• An enthusiastic team player who recognises the benefits of working in a collaborative environment.
• Driven individual who can work on their own initiative and as part of a Finance Team
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with different stakeholders (including non-finance people).
Salary: €55k - €60k depending on experience