Our client is a long established and a household name in the retail sector. They are currently recruiting a Financial Controller for one of their business units.
Reports to: General Manager
• Assist the General Manager in setting a long term vision for operations and associated strategy
• Work closely with the General Manager to manage all activities to ensure achievement of operational & financial targets.
• Analyse business performance and generate recommendations for improvement
• Stay informed of market trends and competitor activity and make recommendations for improvement
• Preparation of ad hoc business plans, proposals, tenders, analyses and reports as required
• Design and generate additional routine reports that give insights into financial and operational performance
• Compilation of the annual operating budget, quarterly forecasts and long term plan
Reporting and controls
• Ensure the completion of monthly accounts in line with the internal accounting calendar
• Ensure the maintenance of an up to date balance sheet ensuring all reconciliations are complete and accurate
• Prepare & review annual consolidation pack and statutory accounts
• Manage the internal and external audit processes, including resolving any audit non-conformances identified
• Monitor internal control processes to ensure that group policies and directives are adhered to
• Management of all IS functions to encompass – finance, stock, T&A and EPOS systems. Ensure appropriate processes are in place for each system.
• Implementation of IT security controls
• Continuous maintenance and upgrading of the systems to ensure efficient processes. Upgrade information systems in line with business requirements.
• Ensure Master Data processes are accurate and fully implemented.
• Monitor cash flow/ working capital requirements
• Manage all cash handling processes within the outlets
• Manage cheque payments
• Daily monitoring of labour cost with commercial oversight across the business to meet budgetary targets
• Verification of attendance to roster reports highlighting any variances to the General Manager prior to approval
• Reconcile payroll reports back to templates submitted
• Oversee all purchases to ensure appropriate controls are in place with regard to PO’s and invoices
• Ensure invoices are authorised for payment
• Ensure appropriate management of stock controls and levels within the business
• Engage in contract negotiation to ensure the business is getting the best value for products and services
• Review menu costings and profitability by product
• Qualified Accountant with 3- 4 years’ experience in a senior finance role
• Experience working in a similar large scale environment (bar, hotel, retail)
• Balance sheets, P&L, cash flow – must have very strong grounding in fundamentals
• Preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Cost control - esp Labour Cost
• Internal control procedures
• People management
• Cash flow management and analysis
• Working knowledge of Sage & Synergy would be an advantage
• Advanced Excel skills
Salary: €90k plus benefits