My client – a leading insurance company based in Dublin city centre are seeking a Financial Controller for a 12 month contract.
This role manages a team of 5 staff members and the oversight of financial, technical and regulatory accounting.
• Preparation of management and statutory accounts per Irish GAAP
• Preparation of group reporting per IFRS
• Preparation of regulatory reporting per Solvency II in liaison with the actuarial team
• Oversee the technical and reinsurance accounts with the finance team
• Oversee the finance team interactions with actuarial Department in relation to technical accounting, updating technical reserves, monitor developments.
• Preparation of financial budgets, forecasting and management information.
• Development of accounting procedures and controls and updating of same to reflect investment accounting process
• Participate in all the planning, budgeting, strategic and operational aspects of the company
• Ensure there is a strong control environment within the teams that report to the Financial Controller and that key controls and reconciliation procedures and processes are kept up to date
• To review the operating expenses and financial statements and highlight any substantial variances from budget to the Managing Director.
• Ensure that the accounting statements and control reports are produced promptly in accordance with the predetermined time schedules.
• To co-ordinate all external and internal audits
• To oversee the implementation of internal audit recommendations
• Participate in monthly Investment Committees with Group Investment Management
• To participate in Group projects including for e.g. IFRS17
• Qualified Accountant – a minimum of 5+ years PQE
• Life / Non –Life Insurance experience
If you are interested in this role please send a CV in confidence to Richard Goggin or contact me on 016377082 to discuss.