Job Title: Financial Controller
Our client is seeking a top 10 trained accountant to work 5 mornings a week.
Reporting to: Finance Committee
This role is for an appropriately qualified and experienced accountant who is able to commit sufficient time to the role and requires the following:
• A self-starter with the ability to work to stringent deadlines
• Working effectively as a member of a small team
• Demonstrating the ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
• Having effective communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to make recommendations to the Finance and General Committees, if required
The envisaged weekly time commitment is 3 to 4 days per week plus any additional time required to present the Management Accounts monthly to the Finance Committee and General Committee meetings.
1. To work closely with the finance team, management and committees to ensure the completeness and accuracy of monthly financial reporting and that appropriate record keeping is being maintained. To supervise the accounting staff and manage and assess their ongoing performance.
2. Maintain accounting records and preparation of management accounts including bank and cash management and credit control.
3. To make sure that adequate procedures are in place to safeguard the assets of the company and that appropriate insurance cover is maintained.
4. To ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place and appropriate finance function monitoring and reporting takes place and present any recommendations for improvements in these areas to the Finance and General Committees on a timely basis.
5. To ensure that any discrepancies in the accounts such as reconciliation or cut off issues are identified promptly, resolved in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Finance and General Committee. This includes keeping the Finance and General Committees informed of any accounting software glitches, why they have arisen, and how they will be or have been resolved.
6. To play an active part in the timely formulation of the annual budget and to present this to the Finance Committee for their approval.
7. To advise on the financial implications of the company’s strategic or operational plans.
8. To keep the Finance Committee informed of any changes in the applicable financial reporting framework and the related impact on presentation and disclosure in the annual financial statements.
9. To ensure that the financial resources of the Company meet its present and future requirements and that there are appropriate reserves and investment policies in place.
10. To monitor the Company’s investment activity and ensure that its investment policies are consistent with its aims, objectives and legal responsibilities.
11. To present regular reports on the Company’s financial performance and position to Finance Committee meetings together with explanations for any material positive or adverse fluctuations to budget for income and expenditure, working capital management and cash flows.
12. To ensure that the financial statements for the year are prepared in accordance with best accounting practice.
13. To liaise with the Company’s external auditors regarding audit timings, approach and fees and arrangements for stock take attendance.
14. To ensure that the audit file given to the auditors at the commencement of the fieldwork is comprehensive. This should improve audit efficiency and have a direct impact on the competitiveness of the audit fee. This includes making sure that there is no outstanding information or explanations and that all unadjusted errors have been corrected and the reasons for the errors have been brought to the attention of the Finance and General Committees.
15. To review any internal controls and systems deficiencies identified in the audit management letter and formulate plans to ensure these do not recur in conjunction with the Finance Committee.
1. Qualified Accountant
2. 3-4 years experience working in a senior finance role
Salary: €70k - €75k pro rata