Head of Finance
Our client is an large manufacturing company based in the South East of Ireland. This is an excellent oppurtunity to join the senior management team of an established group with operations across Ireland.
Job purpose: A Strategic and Commercially focussed Finance lead with ultimate responsibility for ALL aspects of the Finance function but a particular focus on adding value to the business.
Reports to: Managing Director
As a Senior Leadership Team role, the responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to:
Strategic / General:
• Key member of the senior leadership team, driving the financial, administrative, commercial, compliance and I.T. areas to ensure the development and delivery of the growth strategy for the company.
• Ultimate responsibility for the delivery timely and accurate preparation of Budgets, the Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual accounts and all associated working papers and reports in accordance with statutory, fiscal and legal requirements and in compliance with group guidelines.
Audit, Revenue & Statutory Compliance:
• Ultimate responsibility for the timely and accurate issue of Audit compliant financial statements and adherence to ALL finance-related statutory requirements.
• Escalation point for financial stakeholders, e.g. Banks, Auditors, Revenue, EI etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts in these area
• Support all company departments as needed in terms of allocating finance resources to facilitate the timely and accurate provision of information and guidance, e.g., review and forecast reports, product costing and pricing analyses, contract reviews, margin reporting, debt management and government support initiatives.
• The identification (in conjunction with the operational teams) of KPI’s for every department and timely and accurate reporting of actual performance against standard.
• Strategically develop the IT policy for the business in line with best practice and budgetary restrictions.
• Ultimate Responsibility for justification of both Budgeted and Non-Budgeted Cap ex as per company policy.
People Management, Training & development
• Lead, develop and mentor the Finance team.
• Qualified Accountant with minimum 5-5 years’ pqe
• Previous experience of managing and developing teams
• Experience of commercial and operational / manufacturing challenges
• Excellent systems and controls development and implementation experience
• A high degree of computer literacy, knowledge of standard Microsoft applications
Salary: €80k - €85k plus benefits