My client, a global fund administration company, is seeking a Qualified Accountant to join their Financial Reporting team. This is a permanent position based either in Kilkenny or Drogheda.
This position has a focus on key areas such as client and auditor management, technical expertise on financial reporting related matters, staff management and development and general management of ad hoc tasks, as required.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead, direct and manage the department in collaboration with your manager/s and senior colleagues.
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise. Provide advice to our clients, demonstrating sound technical judgement, an understanding of the business together with the overall client relationship.
- Provide a high class financial reporting service to your clients and related auditors.
- Deal with complex issues on audits as they arise.
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from senior management.
- Perform other duties as required
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a business or related degree.
- 4-5 years' related experience in a similar environment preferably within the funds industry.
- Technical knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, FRS 102, UK GAAP, US GAAP).
Suitable candidates wishing to apply for this role should send their CV (in Word format) to Anastasia@thepanel.com.