My client is an international technology group headquartered in Dublin
Purpose of position: The Global Payroll Director will oversee two centralised payroll teams in the US and Dublin, Ireland, with responsibility for payroll processing for approx. 2,700 employees in 30 countries across North America, EMEA, APAC and CALA. This is a high profile global role within the Accounting team and provides an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation.
• Assume responsibility for the US payroll team (Manager and Payroll Specialist, in place over 3 years)
• Hire Payroll Manager and Payroll Specialists in Dublin
• Partner with international HR and Accounting teams in Dublin to plan and execute the migration of payroll responsibilities into the new international payroll team
• Manage third party payroll vendors to ensure timely, accurate, efficient processing of payroll in all countries
• Oversee the recording of payroll journals and payroll accruals in the accounting system
• Review of all payroll related accruals at accounting period close
• Maintain awareness of the current global payroll landscape to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements worldwide
• Generate a strong control environment through clearly defined, documented processes and ensure ongoing SOX compliance
• Support internal and external audit requirements
• Promote a culture of best-in-class and continuous improvement within the payroll team to drive process efficiency and optimisation
• Partner with the wider Accounting, Finance, Tax, HR and Legal teams to provide support as the business grows and evolves
• Certified payroll professional with 7+ years of payroll management experience
• Strong technical payroll knowledge across US, EMEA, APAC and CALA is essential.
• Knowledge of Workday and ADP Streamline would be beneficial
• Excellent IT and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel
• Team player with proven ability to build strong relationships
• Professional with primary focus on confidentiality, excellent communication skills and a track record of delivering customer satisfaction
Salary: €120k plus benefits.