Our client is a growing pharmaceutical group. They are currently recruiting for a big 4 trained accountant with consolidations experience for a Group Financial Controller position.
The Group Financial Controller will report to the Senior Director Group Finance, based in Dublin. They will be responsible for preparing the Group consolidation in US GAAP and local statutory accounts in IFRS. They will be responsible for all internal and external financial reporting in the Group. This person will be integral within the Group finance team and will have exposure to Group tax, treasury, debt and equity financing and acquisitions. The company has grown substantially since its inception in 2013, it is an exciting place to work with a committed team. There is a small team in Dublin where both the CEO and the CFO are located, it is a great opportunity to work closely with senior members in the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Internal and external financial reporting
• Overall responsibility for the monthly management accounts. This will entail working with the VP Finance in the US and the head of each department in the Group. The Group Financial Controller will be required to have detailed knowledge of the results for the month and the variances to budget. This will entail:
o Being responsible for the consolidated accounts package prepared by the senior financial accountant, along with associated schedules
o Preparing a detailed analysis of monthly variances to budget which will involve working with the head of each departments to understand variances
o Working with the head of Tax & Treasury and the Snr. Dir Group Finance to prepare the monthly tax accrual for current and deferred tax.
o Preparing the MD&A for the monthly management accounts and publish the accounts to all key stakeholders and senior management
o Review accounts for all non-US entities each month end.
• Ensuring the month end inventory files are maintained and calculating the Group’s E&O exposure
• Plan and manage the Group Audit and be the main contact person
• Responsible for the Group financial statements to be prepared under US GAAP
• Preparation of statutory accounts for all non-US entities prepared under IFRS and maintain a file with reconciliations to US GAAP.
Approve the creation of new accounts and entities in the accounting system and ensure consistency across all entities
Prepare the consolidated Group budgeted P&L, BS & CF. This will entail working closely with the Snr. Dir. Group Finance planning timelines and reviews. Each department in the Group prepares their own budget. The Group Financial Controller will work closely with all departments obtaining detailed knowledge of their budget in order to prepare the consolidation. The Group financial controller will need to prepare analysis comparing the budget to the prior year, understanding all variances and other key metrics required by the board.
• Assist with Irish company tax returns and liaise with advisors. Maintain quarterly tax reconciliations for the Group.
• Assist in the preparation of Group Transfer Pricing reports.
• Work closely with the Head of Tax & Treasury and the Snr. Dir. Group Finance on all tax and treasury matters.
• Document the current controls in place and amend where necessary and management of controls
• Support the Snr. Dir., Group Finance on all corporate, taxation and other financial compliance matters
• Liaise with the company secretaries for each Group company where necessary
• Ad-hoc projects with other senior financial executives on financial and non-financial projects in the US and Ireland as is necessary for the growth of our business.
• Manage and develop the Senior Group Accountant
• Supporting the Snr. Director, Group Finance in managing the Groups Equity and Debt obligations
This role would suit someone who has experience in Group Finance and pharmaceuticals, someone who is a team player and enjoys a fast-paced changing environment. Due to the small open office in Dublin, there is ample opportunity to learn about other areas of the business aside from finance. With a small group finance team there is also opportunity to work to work on all areas in finance.
o 5-8 years industry experience (depending on the type of experience) in pharmaceuticals or related industry
o Qualified Accountant from a Big Four organization
o Tax qualifications and tax experience a strong advantage
o Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a discipline otherwise related to the role.
o Strong analytical skills in particular the ability to use excel to undertake complex/detailed financial analysis
o Hands on, self-learner and self-motivated, capable of working and adding value with limited supervision.
o Demonstrated ability to lead projects and improve processes
o System oriented person with the ability to learn-as-you-go
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Desire and ability to work in a smaller, entrepreneurial company. Comfortable with rapid change and the absence of “big company” support functions surrounding the role.
Salary: €100k - €120k, 20% bonus, pension, health insurance and share options