My client is a large plc with huge revenues.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Group Finance team in one of Ireland’s leading companies that has a role for a Group Investment Appraisal and Projects Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced corporate finance executive or financial planning & analysis manager to work closely with the senior management team at Group and to collaborate with colleagues in the business units in Ireland and across Europe. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller/Company Secretary, this is a highly visible position within the group and will have significant interaction with the CFO, Board of Directors and Acquisitions Director.
Purpose of position:
Corporate finance style role that incorporates valuing acquisition targets, control of the capital expenditure process across the Group, allocation of capital, participation in annual strategic planning process, managing the annual budgeting process and special projects related to key Group strategic and operating decisions.
• Conduct overall assessment of acquisition opportunities and perform investment appraisal and valuation of targets.
• Pre-acquisition due diligence.
• Control of capital expenditure approval process including critical appraisal of major projects.
• Annual impairment review of goodwill and valuation of intangibles on acquisitions.
• Post completion financial assessment of acquisitions and capital expenditure projects of a development nature.
• Participation in the annual strategic planning process for the overall Group.
• Planning and managing the annual budgeting process including review of business unit budgets and preparation of Board papers.
• Develop good relationships that provide tangible links with the Group’s business units to understand their operations and commercial objectives.
• Analysis of business unit financial performance based on income statements, balance sheets and cash flows including sales trends, gross margin analysis, overheads and other relevant information.
• Special projects as agreed from time to time with the Group Financial Controller.
• Big 4 trained accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ pqe in a corporate finance,
financial planning or analysis role within a large company environment.
• Experience and deep understanding of financial appraisal techniques including return
on capital employed, discounted cash flow and cost of capital
• Strong financial, numeric and commercial analytical skills and to be comfortable
preparing/analysing large amounts of data.
Salary: €70k - €100k depending on experience plus benefits