Head of Finance – Investments / Asset Management
My client – a global leader in investments and asset management are seeking a Head of Finance (SVP) to lead it finance team in Dublin.
This role manages the financial, regulatory and investor reporting teams for all entities outside of the US (CLOs, Funds and corporate entities)
This role reports to the CFO based in the US and European Head of Finance who is based in London.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Dublin Finance team ensuring that work priorities are organised efficiently and that individuals are actively coached, trained and developed
• Managing the financial close process and overseeing the quarterly consolidation of certain CLOs into the financial statements and the provision of associated disclosure templates, completed accurately and timely in accordance with US GAAP
• Ensuring a robust control environment for all financial processes, to ensure compliance with all relevant obligations including Sarbanes Oxley
• Manage the year end audits working with multiple stakeholders and 3rd party administrators to ensure audits run smoothly and financial statements are accurate, in accordance with Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS, and are approved and filed by the deadline
• Leverage a deep understanding of complex fund and investment strategies to ensure that NAV and investor reporting is accurate and that 3rd party fund administrators are in line with service levels
• Regular interaction with the Portfolio Management team in relation to performance tracking of CLOs and funds and assisting the Investor Relations team with requests from existing and potential investors
• Key Finance contact for the Central Bank of Ireland and responsible for implementing systems & controls to meet relevant regulatory requirements (e.g. periodic filings, ICAAP and Liquidity Policy)
• Member of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee and responsible for key financial risk metrics
• Partner with Tax and external advisors on tax compliance requirements and structuring as required. This will include, inter-alia, contribution to Transfer Pricing studies, review of corporate and indirect tax returns
• Present high quality financial results and analysis that is value add to the Boards for CLOs, funds and corporate entities
• Qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA)
• Big 4 audit experience of Funds required
• Extensive PQE (7-10 years ) in the financial services industry
• Strong technical accounting experience in US GAAP, IFRS, and Irish GAAP
• Exposure to the alternative fund industry, particularly hedge funds or credit funds
• Exposure to the regulatory framework in Ireland and in particular MiFID
If you are interested in this role please send a CV in confidence to Richie Goggin or contact me on 016377082 to discuss.