Head of Internal Audit, 3-6 month contract with a view to permanency
Reports to: Audit Committee and the Chief Operations Officer.
• The Head of Internal Audit will be expected to lead and manage the internal audit unit and ensure the successful delivery of the annual plan of internal audit activity.
• The Head of Internal Audit will be required to assist the company in accomplishing its objectives by conducting a systematic and disciplined review of the effectiveness of controls, risk and governance processes designed by management to meet the strategic, financial, and operational objectives of the company. Therefore, as part of the overall assurance framework, the Head of Internal Audit will help in ensuring the reliability of internal and external reporting and assists in ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
• In order to achieve this aim, the Head of Internal Audit will carry out independent assessments and reports thereon to the Audit Committee and management. Each assignment undertaken by Internal Audit is intended to provide independent, objective assurance as well as recommendations designed to add value and improve the operations of the company.
• Qualified Accountant with a minimum 6 years’ experience of working in internal audit
• Minimum 3 years’ management experience in planning and directing audits
• Excellent technical audit and accounting skills
• Experience in reporting to Audit Committee and Senior Management level within an organisation
• Ability to present adequate working papers in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Salary: €80k - €90k