Our client, a leading global asset manager based in Dublin city centre are currently seeking an Investment Risk Analyst to monitor, advise and report to management that risks are being effectively managed and that the business is compliant with relevant regulation. In addition to ensuring regulatory compliance, the role is important in identifying, analysing and quantifying key risk exposures and communicating appropriately to the relevant team members. The role involves providing independent oversight of strategies deployed by the Investment Manager.
• Portfolio Risk Reporting and restriction monitoring
• UCITS and AIFMD Exposure Reporting
• Production of other Portfolio Risk Reporting
• VaR Back-testing, analysis with subsequent data cleaning and model enhancement where necessary.
• Liquidity monitoring and investigation of changes and exceptions.
• Development and maintenance of procedures and policies for relevant activities.
• Irish Risk and Investment Oversight Group secretariat responsible for tracing of issues and actions.
• Providing support and assistance to the global investment risk function.
• Supporting the development of enhancements to risk reporting.
• Responsible for maintenance and co-ordinating of updates to Risk Management Process
• Previous experience within a market/investment risk role within an asset management or bank/finance business..
• Strong mathematical knowledge, obtained through undergraduate degree in a numerate subject.
• Extremely proficient working with Microsoft Office products
• Interest in and a good understanding of financial markets, financial products and financial instruments.
• Practical experience of applying concepts to real instruments/portfolios.
• Good problem solving and analytic skills required.
• Knowledge of the regulatory risk measures as detailed within UCITS and/or AIFMD guidance and regulations would be preferable.
If this opportunity is of interest please contact Andrew Wynne at the enclosed address.