Our financial services client is currently recruiting for an IT Specialist to join their team.
Ideal candidate will have a couple of years’ experience and have a degree in IT.
The Role will be a mixture of end user support, hardware and software updates and general infrastructure maintenance – the candidate will work closely with our IT department in UK and will be required to act as a temporary back up for their UK and Malta operations when needed, so some travel will be expected.
The employee will offer advanced technical support to the supported users based upon their knowledge of Information Technology. The employee will participate in various complex analyses, identify discrepancies and formulate recommendations to optimize systems efficiency and solve major/ minor problems.
In addition, the employee will;
• Act as a focal point for all IT problems experienced by the users
• Provide Level 2 IT support to all users
• Log all incidents into a ticketing system, including a description of the problem and the implemented solution
• Propose optimization solutions to better support the users
• Follow-up with the users and business partners to confirm that their needs have been met and to formulate recommendations that can optimize processes / procedures
• Participate in the improvement, updating and implementation of IT policies, procedures and standards and make sure they are respected
• Maintain documentation for all systems, both procedure reports and intervention logs
• Help with analyses for major information technology projects and participate on various activities within these projects.
• Implement computer systems and modify existing applications based on users' needs and business requirements.
• See to the smooth running and maintenance of applications and systems, in cooperation with contractors.
• Ensure the integrity of computerized data and the stability of systems.
• The successful candidate must have good programming knowledge in SQL and XML.
If interested please send your details to email@example.com