The Panel is currently engaged to source a Market Risk Manager on behalf of a Fund Manager in Dublin city centre on a permanent basis. In this role you will
assist the Chief Risk Officer with the development of large-scale risk advisory projects for high profile platforms, from Management Companies to fund clients and will work in a supportive role within the Irish team supporting the broader operations group.
• Monitor & escalate where appropriate exposures versus limits for a range of regulated investment funds with a focus on UCITS.
• Critically challenge and interpret portfolio level data and apply quantitative techniques to assess risk (i.e. Value at risk, stress testing, analysis of leverage, liquidity, securities eligibility).
• Supporting clients servicing through investment risk and regulatory reporting. This must be done in a timely and accurate fashion, escalating issues as they arise.
• Interpretation of analytics across all asset classes (equity, fixed income, credit, interest rate, etc.) and communication of results.
• Play an active role in the supervising, management and mentoring of junior staff and your direct reports on the team and participate in on the job training for new hires.
• Work co-operatively with other groups in different locations and time zones.
• Attends presentations to clients and potential clients when required to present and discuss risk.
• Attend quarterly fund board meetings and update directors on any relevant items as required.
• Actively participate in fund governance meetings, management meetings and committee meetings and attend technical training when required.
• The successful candidate will have worked for at least 5 years in a risk or regulatory related role preferably within the funds industry. They will have some experience in dealing with both external clients and various internal operational teams.
• Knowledge of and previous exposure to UCITS and AIFs is required.
• They will have had either exposure to or have knowledge of a number of risk measurements including Value at Risk, Stress Testing, Liquidity Analysis, Greeks, Back Testing and will have a strong knowledge of a range of instruments including derivatives.
• Experience of using Bloomberg and other data providers preferred in addition to experience of using SQL.
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience and includes an excellent bonus and benefits package
Please contact Liam Murphy if you meet the key criteria and wish to apply