Project Accountant – IFRS 17 - Insurance
My client – a leading Insurance company based in Dublin city centre are seeking an experienced accountant on an initial 12 month contract
Reporting to the Financial Controller this role will be the finance representative on the group wide IFRS 17 project and have responsibility for financial systems, financial control and technical reporting.
• Support the Financial Controller in transforming the finance system architecture and finance processes, to support multiple reporting requirements
• Be the Finance representative for the IFRS 17 Group Project
• Support the Financial Controller in performing a detailed Gap Analysis and in developing a detailed implementation plan for the project
• Participate in cross functional workshops to design a “To Be” Finance Systems Architecture incorporating all reporting requirements (e.g. local GAAP & SII)
• Lead the implementation of all finance project deliverables throughout the build, test & parallel running phases of the project
• Provide weekly status updates to IFRS 17 project manager and attend weekly Operational Project Meetings
• Work with the Financial Controller to design, build and implement an automated reporting solution for all technical reporting requirements. The reporting requirements include Local GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II and the reporting of technical results to our commercial partners and reinsurance partners.
• While this role is predominately a project role the successful candidate will be expected to provide support to the Financial Controller for other BAU financial activities as required e.g. quarterly reporting, year-end external audit & statutory accounts & other ad-hoc tasks.
• Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE
• Finance process improvement/automation experience is essential
• Knowledge of Finance IT systems and database reporting solutions
• Advanced Microsoft Excel
If you are interested in this role please send a CV on confidence to Richard Goggin or contact me on 016377082 to discuss.