My client is a leading retail group with outlets across Ireland. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant on a one year contract basis.
Reports to : Finance Controller
• Management of 2 Accounts Assistants (Store and Online Bank & Cash Accounts Assistants), and Resale Accounts Payable
• Production of monthly divisional and consolidated management accounts within 5 working days to include P&L
• Full responsibility for sales, margin, margin support, settlement discount and stock loss analysis
• Work closely with Financial Controller on annual budget and quarterly forecast submissions
• Management of the year-end statutory audit with specific responsibility for the main trading companies and consolidated group accounts
• Ownership of stock reconciliations and responsible for inventory forecasting.
• Continuous improvement of finance processes
• Internal audit of key business processes
• Compliance reporting for cash and stock across the business
• Qualified Accountant with at least 3-5 years’ experience at a similar level
• Strong technical accounting skills with up to date knowledge of relevant IFRS standards
• Experience in the retail / FMCG sector is a distinct advantage
• Experience in ERP implementation is a distinct advantage
• Experience in manging a small team an advantage
• Advanced excel user and strong system skills required
The salary for this role is paying 65-70k D.O.E.