Senior Group Accountant
My client is a fast-paced pharmaceutical company in the growth stage. They are currently recruiting for a big 4 trained accountant with 2-4 years’ pqe to join their finance team. This is a highly visible role within the group and an excellent opportunity to gain broad experience working with a first class finance function.
Reports to: Group Finance & Accounting Manager
Purpose of position:The Senior Group Accountant will be responsible for preparing the Group consolidation in US GAAP and local statutory accounts in IFRS. They will be a key person in charge of the accounting systems in use, Microsoft GP, Management Reporter, and BI360, including being a local point of contact for system issues, and managing the budget upload process and local reporting requirements. This person will be integral within the Group finance team and will have exposure to Group tax, treasury, debt and equity financing and acquisitions along with all areas of accounting. There is a small team in Dublin where both the CEO and the CFO are located and it is a great opportunity to work closely with senior members in the company.
Responsibilities include :
• Assist with the monthly consolidation process and prepare the consolidated accounts package, along with first pass analytical reviews for the GFAM.
• Support the GFAM with transfer pricing and royalty projects
• Assist with Irish company tax returns and liaise with advisors. Maintain quarterly tax reconciliations for the Group.
• Preparation of statutory accounts for all non US entities prepared under IFRS
• Preparation of statutory Group accounts prepared under US GAAP
• Be the lead contact for the audit field work for all non US entities and work closely with the GFAM on all aspects of the Group audit
• Complete the inventory reconciliation and work closely with Supply Chain to understand all inventory movements. Take all steps to improve the reconciliation process where possible, including maintenance of a standard cost master data file.
• Prepare monthly group reconciliations as needed, and ensure all ties back to the reporting package
• Maintenance of local system driven reporting, to include managing the Budget upload process in BI360 and being the first point of contact for all local systems issues.
• Document the current controls in place and amend where necessary
• Assist the Group Director of Finance on all matters relating to the Group insurance policies. Maintain files as appropriate and manage the group monthly bookings.
• Support the GFAM on all corporate, taxation and other financial compliance matters relating to all non US entities
• Prepare the cash report issued on a fortnightly basis to key stakeholders, and understand the movements in the period.
• Ad-hoc projects with financial and non-financial management in the US and Ireland as is necessary for the growth of our business.
o Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a discipline otherwise related to the role.
o Qualified Accountant ideally from a Big Four organization
o Tax qualifications and tax experience a strong advantage
o 2-3 years industry experience (depending on the type of experience) in pharmaceuticals or related industry
o Hands on, self-learner and self-motivated, capable of working and adding value with limited supervision.
o Demonstrated ability to lead projects and improve processes
o Strong analytical skills in particular the ability to use excel to undertake complex/detailed financial analysis
o System oriented person with the ability to learn-as-you-go
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Desire and ability to work in a smaller, entrepreneurial company. Comfortable with rapid change and the absence of “big company” support functions surrounding the role.
o Microsoft Office Suite including v strong Excel skills and PowerPoint Capability
o Microsoft Dynamics GP experience
This role would suite a team player who is eager to learn about the pharmaceutical business. Due to the small open office in Dublin, there is ample opportunity to learn about other areas of the business aside from finance. With a small group finance team there is also opportunity to work to work on all areas in finance.
Salary: €70k plus benefits