Our client is a leading plc. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to be part of a well established and highly experienced Group Finance function.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The individual appointed will support the Group Finance team and the wider Finance teams across the Group. You will lead the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards. This will include carrying out research and keeping up to date with accounting standards and developments, liaising with colleagues in Group finance and other functions and third parties, conducting impact analyses, briefing stakeholders and implementing plans as appropriate.
This role has a commercial focus that will involve adhoc projects analysing operational and financial information in compelling ways and providing decision options to Group Management.
You should be an exceptional team player, have excellent technical accounting experience as well as strong report writing, presentation and project management skills.
• Support the Group and Business Unit finance teams by leading the Group’s response to the introduction of new accounting standards and changes to existing standards
• Leading the Group’s IFRS 16 implementation and reporting, including statutory and monthly reporting.
• Input into forecasts and budgets to include the impact of relevant accounting standards and ensuring that Group accounting policies are up to date.
• Play a key role in preparing the Financial Statements that form part the Group’s Annual Reports.
• Act as liaison between Group Finance and the external auditor and other professional advisors in relation to the application of IFRS and adoption of new standards.
• Be proficient and comfortable in accounting technical research and interpretation across IFRS and multiple GAAPs.
• Provide accounting and regulatory training, updates and guidance to colleagues
• Advise on technical accounting issues related to acquisitions, changes in the Group structure and corporate developments
• Big 4/top 10 trained with at least four/five years’ experience in a technical role in a Big 4, listed company or equivalent environment.
• Technical expertise and experience in the interpretation and application of IFRS (including IFRS 16, IFRS 15, IFRS 9, IFRS 2 and IAS 19).
• Ability to lead in all technical finance matters and continually align the finance function with emerging standards. Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, auditors and regulators.
• Any experience in a range of other disciplines e.g. corporate finance, regulatory reporting, taxation and treasury would be viewed positively.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills is essential – in particular Excel (e.g. IndexMatch, Pivot Tables, Macros etc.) and PowerPoint.
• Must have strong numerical skills and be comfortable preparing, analysing and critiquing data.
Salary: Depending on experience plus full benefits package