Financial Controller, 12 month contract
Reporting to: Finance Director
Our client is a large property development group.
The Financial Controller will lead the operational management of the finance function as well as contributing to the strategic management of critical elements of the group.
This is a highly commercial role and will be a key member of the Management team.
Financial Reporting, Management & Compliance
• Ensure the Group maintains the highest levels of Corporate Governance and accountability. Manage all internal and statutory corporate compliance processes and reporting, audit, statutory accounts, legal, CRO, tax compliance etc, for group companies.
• Preparation of all Financial and Management Accounts, in compliance with prevailing best accounting standards.
• Management of team resources to ensure effective delivery of group financial reporting, operational financial management, compliance, budgeting, audit management, cash flow management, financial information, project accounting and payroll among others.
• Co-ordinating all financial planning and related budgetary activity to support execution of strategic and business plans.
• Supporting the Senior Management Team in the formulation of financial targets and the development of financial policies, procedures and frameworks.
• The nature of property development means timely reporting of financial information and excellence in cashflow management are critical to ensure effective decision making and funding of large scale commercial projects. Working with the Finance Director on the critical business deliverable of effective cash flow management. Management of financial team and systems to produce a wide range of financial information and analysis to inform decision-making across the organisation – eg. Rental Income, Service charges, Debt Servicing.
• Working with and developing productive working relationships with specialist external advisors especially audit, taxation, company secretarial and legal on a wide range of existing and new financial reporting requirements.
People Management & Development
• Manage, develop and coach the finance team, establishing clear objectives and development opportunities.
• Allocate team and individual responsibilities and manage workloads.
• On-going performance management, ensuring clarity of objectives, open communication and proactive feedback.
Additional Deliverables & Duties
These broadly include working with the Finance Director and Senior Management team by contributing to a wider commercial agenda in property development/management, tenancy management, risk evaluation, funding and debt management.
The following are some of the strategic issues led by the Finance Director that the Financial Controller will have the opportunity to provide essential support in their role.
Risk Management & Evaluation - corporate risk management strategies; property and investment risk management, risk modelling; evaluation of short, medium and long term financial implications of changes in national and international markets/ politics/regulation/financing/insurance/property valuations etc.
Tenancy Structuring and Negotiation - design, negotiation, implementation and management of complex tenancy agreements to secure quality and sustainable incomes; working with client asset management and property management teams on a wide range of issues e.g. payment terms, rental reviews, restructurings, service charges, rent strategy, insurances, public liability.
Wealth Management, Investment & Funding Strategy- implementing sustainable wealth management strategies on behalf of the board of directors/company owners; design and implementation of investment and funding strategies; financial advice for site evaluation, site assemblies, acquisitions, new builds, refurbishments, divestments, operational management etc; working with funding providers nationally and internationally and other professional advisors.
• A fully qualified accountant ACCA or ACA qualification.
• Minimum 3 years prudent financial management experience as a Financial Controller ideally in a relevant property related industry (e.g. property development/leasing/management/servicing).
• Demonstrated capability to manage a range of finance functions and produce financial reports in a complex multi-company reporting environment.
• Excellent people management skills with the experience and demonstrated capacity to lead and develop a high-performance results-focused finance team.
• Direct experience of contributing to a wider commercial agenda in an organisation, working with senior management teams and presenting to boards.
• Proven experience of achieving demanding targets and objectives and contributing to corporate goals.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence at a senior level and demonstrated experience of engaging with key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience of working with specialist advisors and developing long term productive working relationships with them
Salary: €90k - €100k