Our client is dynamic and innovative Irish company and a household name. Due to expansion they are currently recruiting for this newly created role.
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
Purpose of position: To assist the company in accomplishing its objectives by conducting systematic and disciplined reviews of the effectiveness of controls, risk and governance processes designed by management to meet the strategic, financial, and operational objectives of the company and ensure the reliability of internal and external reporting.
● Conducting audit assignments from initiation to completion as directed by the Head of Internal Audit.
● Preparing detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of appropriate audit programmes.
● Prepare under minimal supervision (in line with International Internal Auditing standards):
o clear, concise, timely working papers;
o draft reports with practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work.
● Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive risk based annual Audit Plan.
● Responsibility for the audit issues follow up process, working with management to update the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report.
● Responsibility for the delivery of the Continuous Auditing Programme of work as set out by the Head of Internal Audit.
● Promote the value of internal audit with a focus on continuous improvement and awareness across the company with respect to internal control, risk and corporate governance.
● Develop and maintain productive business relationships across all units in the company.
● Utilise best practice processes and tools for auditing including data analytics.
● Perform special audit-related projects as assigned.
● A primary degree in a relevant discipline
● A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA) or hold a CMIAA qualification
● Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in an audit environment
● Significant experience of controls testing and/or Internal Auditing
● Excellent technical audit and accounting skills
● Experience of managing audits/projects
Salary: €75k - €90k
*This position will be working from home and post Covid will be based in North Dublin.