This role involves working within the Treasury Accounting function and ensuring that all treasury financial reporting and accounting tasks are being handled according to company procedures and deadlines. In addition this role will take on ad-hoc project roles as they arise.
This role will report primarily to the Financial Controller, and will also report to the Finance Director for certain projects.
• Accounting for all treasury / non-treasury related transactions in Treasury system, namely Quantum
• Preparation of monthly trial balances and export to the group reporting and consolidation package (Hyperion)
• Analytical review of monthly figures
• Preparation of Hedge accounting adjustments in accordance with applicable technical standards and internal procedures
• Preparation of quarterly and annual figures to group reporting
• Preparation of the semi-annual and annual disclosures to the group financial reports (IFRS7)
• Involved in preparation of annual statutory accounts and disclosures
• Month-end reconciliation of the G/L balances on treasury accounts
• Maintenance and checking of Currency positions within limits
• Month-end closing process to include manual journal adjustments and tax calculations
The company is often engaged in a variety of projects. Recent examples include Quantum (Treasury Management system) upgrade, and iBOR reform. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring delivery of these and other projects. This will involve managing tasks across all departments in the company, ensuring deadlines are set and ultimately met.
• To assist with any VAT administration (monitor the changes in VAT regulations relevant for the company, bi--monthly VAT return filing through ROS, liaise with VAT advisors and the Revenue)
Ad hoc tasks:
• Assist in the setting up of a fully integrated valuation process between the core TMS and Bloomberg to enable daily uploads and valuations.
• Contribute to the switch from the current Group reporting tool (Hyperion) to the SAP BPS consolidation tool, to include automating the reporting process as much as possible.
Potential candidate will clearly demonstrate initiative and self-motivation. He/she will hold a professional qualification from one of the recognized accounting bodies (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a minimum of five years treasury experience, preferably using the Quantum treasury system and an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. A knowledge of treasury products and accounting for same is preferred.
Salary: €70k - €80k plus benefits depending on experience
* This position will be working from home and post Covid will be based in Dublin 2.