Oracle DBA - Senior Technical Consultant
Job ref: 46815
LocationDublin City Centre
SectorFunds & Investment Management, IT & Business Transformation
SalarySee description below
Our client in investment management is searching for a Senior Oracle DBA - Technical Consultant to work on database project delivery and/or production maintenance operations. In addition to offering guidance and consulting, the Technical Consultant will operate as a trusted technology adviser to the company.
This position necessitates excellent technical abilities, with an emphasis on ensuring the production database infrastructure's maximum uptime. As part of a worldwide database support team, the selected applicant will take an active role in the maintenance of the client's database estate.
- 24x7 support client’s Production database. This includes all Production, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Break Fix, User Acceptance Testing and Development environments.
- Identification and driving of database related service quality improvements and engineering deliverables.
- Provision of technical support on a shift, on-call and rotational basis.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Around 10 years of experiences with database management. Min 5 years with Oracle database (12c, 19).
- Excellent Oracle database administration skills in a production support capacity; with the responsibility for the delivery, support and maintenance of reliable, highly available and high-performance environments.
- Excellent knowledge on Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Strong scripting skills (SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting).
- Database backup, restore and recovery - User and server managed (RMAN and Netbackup or equivalent).
Apply Now Share