Exclusive Role - PCF 13 Head of Internal Audit - Reputable Financial Services Entity
Job ref: 46930
LocationDublin City Centre
SectorFunds & Investment Management, Banking & Treasury
SalarySee description below
The Panel is currently engaged to source a Head of Internal Audit PCF -13 on behalf of a reputable Global Financial Services entity.
In this role you will manage all activities related to a specific aspect of the control environments. For audits, this includes a comprehensive evaluation of the risk management and internal control activities, including consultation with and evaluation of other departments (i.e., Compliance, Technology, Risk). Manages and executes all activities relating to the planning, implementation and quality execution of an audit, audit project, or special assignment (i.e., Model Audit, Professional Practices). Responsible for providing thorough and reliable information to senior management (of businesses and/or Audit) and thoughtful recommendations for action or improvement. Manages and develops direct reports and their teams, including the provision of timely feedback, training, and career development guidance.
- Directs the implementation of all aspects of the audit group. Responsible for output, including written reports or presentations, the quality of ideas and research, and for assessments of risk and other decision variables. Translates a strategic view into an appropriate Audit Universe/Risk Assessment and Audit Plan that prioritizes efforts appropriately.
- Manages projects (on time, within budget, quality-controlled) and in accordance with department methodologies and standards, and all regulatory requirements. Leads project planning, including scoping and risk analysis. Leverages advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results. Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks.
- Provides knowledge sharing and support of intellectual capital in a specialized technical area within audit groups or across the department. Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team.
- Thinks beyond past routines about new issues or risks. Proficient with using statistical or modelling computing software. Demonstrates skills through advanced analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader, audit manager, and auditees.
- Serves as an internal resource, leading others in creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations. Monitors business, regulatory and financial developments and related risks for assigned line of business. Understands business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly across multiple area of the Bank:
- Delivery of a risk based annual audit plan in accordance with the global audit methodology, the IIA standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and reporting of progress made in the delivery of the agreed annual audit plan and progress in implementing the agreed audit action plans.
- Demonstrates leadership through work guidance and training of less experienced peers and through advice to assigned clients. Often leads teams on discrete projects, providing informal performance guidance or mentoring to team members. May provide technical direction in area of audit specialty.
Prior experience in a Leadership role in Audit or the relevant specialty area preferred. Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience and includes an excellent bonus and benefits package including hybrid work arrangements
Please contact Liam Murphy if you meet the key criteria and wish to apply
Apply Now Share