Job ref: 46098
SectorAccountancy & Tax
SalarySee description below
My client is a growing construction group with operations in Ireland and the UK.
The Financial Controller will be a key member of the senior management team and will be responsible for financial management and reporting in addition to contributing to the financial planning & and strategic growth of the business
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
• To ensure sound financial management of the organisation and the timely presentation of accurate, detailed management information.
• To provide effective management and control of all capital and revenue budgets.
• To lead responsibility on the financial aspects of any acquisitions or other strategic projects aimed at achieving growth of the organisation.
• To have an overview of the activities and budgets for each department to ensure adherence to agreed operating procedures.
• To monitor and control the cost-effectiveness of projects to ensure profitability targets are achieved.
• To plan and prepare financial management documents, including budgets, forecasts, and cashflows to ensure measurement of the performance of the business.
• To maintain up-to-date records of financial information to ensure: the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts and the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions.
• To manage relationships with external banks including compliances with required covenants
• To plan, implement and develop the Finance Team operating procedures.
• To lead and initiate liaison with auditors, business advisers (including solicitors) and investors.
• To be responsible for the preparation of appropriate financial reports and to present such at Board Meetings.
• To be fully conversant with new initiatives and legislation in all matters relating to the financial management of the business and to advise the Board accordingly.
• To manage and oversee the preparation of all statutory returns and management of the pension scheme and employee benefits and expenses
• To ensure team members are adequately trained, qualified and informed to enable high performance levels
• To comply with and ensure there is sufficient understanding of human resource policies, procedures and practices across all departments.
• To maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
• To contribute to and comply with a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conduct performance reviews as required.
• To coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
SENIOR MANGEMENT TEAM LIAISON
To contribute to cohesion and effective coordination between finance and other departments across the business.
• To provide support to SMT members to enable sound financial management applied at every stage of operations that hold budget eg sales, commercial procurement and internal management of the business.
• To support department or function heads in carrying out accurate cashflow forecasting, budgeting and forecasting.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent and CA or CIMA qualified
• Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years post qualification experience ideally in a construction related industry or a business which utilises contract costing.
• Significant experience at senior financial controller level and proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team.
• Proven experience of cashflow and budget preparation, setting, monitoring and financial forecasting.
• Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data with ability to provide sound reporting and insightful analysis and forecasting
• Strong financial modelling skills
Salary: €100k plus benefits.
Apply Now Share