SENIOR MANAGER/DIRECTOR - AUDIT QUALITY
Job ref: 46102
LocationDublin City Centre
SectorAccountancy & Tax
SalarySee description below
SENIOR MANAGER/DIRECTOR - AUDIT QUALITY
My client is one of the world’s leading audit, tax and advisory firms. They are currently recruiting for Senior Manager/Director - Audit Quality to join their growing Audit Department. This is a newly created role and will work closely with their Head of Audit & Assurance Quality Management and Technical Director. You will be responsible for maintaining their audit quality framework in line with the firms Global audit methodology, relevant legislation and audit and accounting standards such as ISQM1. You will also be responsible for ensuring that their internal policies and procedures are up to date and that all their audit compliance and regulatory obligations are fully understood and being implemented. Additionally, you will provide support to their audit teams on more complex technical accounting and audit matters and give advice and guidance on the application of technical standards. The role offers excellent development opportunities and a chance to play a key role in promoting the firm’s quality agenda.
- Identify and advise on relevant regulatory, compliance and ethical requirements applicable to Audit.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate documentation and monitoring of policies and procedures in line with regulatory and compliance requirements (IAASA; CAI; professional standards setters).
- Support the audit teams on more complex technical accounting issues.
- Provide support and guidance on audit reporting technical issues and the application of auditing standards.
- Promoting a compliance culture by supporting the development and delivery of compliance education and training programmes. This would include:
- Identifying any required legislative or policy updates and designing and conducting training on compliance and regulatory topics in Audit.
- Monitor and oversee changes in trends internally in order to develop effective training/communication interventions that prevent violations of regulations and internal policies.
- Ensuring all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Support the delivery of compliance processes and procedures to ensure that sound and responsible business practices are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Support the risk management framework and ensuring it is effective.
- Assist in reporting on the risk management and mitigation status.
- Drafting of technical guidance and developing templates/examples to support consistent quality audits.
- Working alongside other subject matter experts and stakeholders from the business.
- Upstream monitoring and assessing changes in regulation, compliance and legislation which will affect the business. Communicating key information to the business and enabling the change process.
- Managing projects and maintenance of internal policies and standards to ensure ongoing compliance (e.g. implementation of ISQM1 and ISQM2).
- Assist the Firm’s Technical Director in the design and implementation of the firm’s internal inspection process (IIP)
- Assist in identifying the appropriate responses and actions to mitigate the findings from our IIP and from external reviews.
- Provide updates to the Audit Partners/Management teams,, Firm Leadership and Risk Committee as appropriate to support their quality communications and compliance requirements with external parties (IAASA; CAI; professional standards setters)
- Assist the HAAQM and Technical Director in the promotion and application of various audit quality initiatives.
- CAI or ACCA Qualified Accountant.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification relevant audit/accounting experience with a strong interest in technical accounting and auditing advice.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of providing focused regulatory and technical support and advice.
- Experience of compliance monitoring, as well as the ability to plan and devise new solutions.
- Robust understanding of the Irish regulatory accounting and audit framework.
- Good communication skills will also be key as you will be required to deal with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Strong project management skills, particularly in relation to managing expectations of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and a high level of personal drive to guide change initiatives and see them through to completion.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to handle challenging deadlines and function effectively in changing circumstances.
Salary: €90k - €100k plus benefits
Hybrid working model available
Apply Now Share