Operational Risk Senior Specialist - AIFM
Job ref: 46459
LocationDublin City Centre
SectorFunds & Investment Management
SalarySee description below
The Panel is exclusively engaged to source an Operational Risk Associate on behalf of a growing AIFM in Dublin city centre on a permanent basis
This is a hands-on position requires the ability to challenge and coordinate front-to-back business management, as well as collaboration with risk and support and control colleagues across the global firm. The role will also require support of the robust processes, in particular Third Party risk assessment and IT risk management. You will be involved in identification / management of operational risks and issues, as well as the development of solutions and re-engineering of processes to avoid future control / process weaknesses.
There are two hats for the person coming into this role. Firstly, you will be a liaison point across local and global business functions on risk matters and Secondly, you will be a key person responsible for the execution of and operational risk and resilience frameworks, in accordance with CBI best practice guidance and regulatory requirements.
- Ongoing management, maintenance and embedding of the operational risk framework, covering all new and existing product strategies and related governance processes.
- Identifying and investigating operational risk events, ensuring root cause analysis and control assessments are undertaken. This will involve undertaking ‘deep dive’ reviews on significant and complex events to provide ongoing recommendations to enhance the control environment.
- Identifying process/control weaknesses and raising issues and associated actions, where required. This will involve notifying responsible owners and providing sufficient oversight to ensure the issue is managed to completion.
- Assisting with and maintaining annual risk and control self-assessments across the business.
- Participating in the periodic update of the Irish ICAAP, and maintaining the operational risk register and supporting development of scenario analysis
- Risk rating critical and significant third parties – and oversee the business due diligence process
- Working on developing and implementing local business continuity plans and assist with the development of the business impact analysis program.
- Identifying critical business services / processes to assist with the performance of resiliency assessment.
- Working with the wider team on IT Risk management and assisting with the oversight and monitoring of the cyber security framework.
- Understanding of AIFM Platforms.
- Understanding of Equity, Fixed Income and Alternative Investment products and supporting processes, associated counterparty / operational risks, best practice standards, related rules and regulations
- Comfortable in risk identification and collaboration in creating and solving potential areas of risk
- Familiarity with the AIFM Directive
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience and includes an excellent bonus and benefits package including hybrid work arrangements
Please contact Liam Murphy if you meet the key criteria and wish to apply
Apply Now Share