For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) effective May 2018 and the related legislation and regulations implementing these into Irish law from time to time, the Data Controller is The Panel, whose contact details are set out in 17. below.
1. General Statement
The Panel fully respects your right to privacy and are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The Panel will not collect or publish any personal information about you on our website without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with (“GDPR”).
2. Personal Data explained
‘Personal Data’ refers to “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”)”.
- Inform you what Personal Data The Panel collects relating to you
- Inform you how The Panel uses, processes and handles your Personal Data
- Inform you how The Panel protects your Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing
- Inform you of your rights as a “Data Subject”
3. Collection and use of Personal Data – The Panel website
The Panel does not collect any Personal Data about you directly through this website.
The only way we collect your Personal Data is when you submit it to us via email, see section below.
4. Collection and use of Personal Data – By Application
The only way The Panel collects your Personal Data is when you submit it to us via email application. This would usually be for job application purposes and would typically include your CV and personal details.
Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties without your permission and is used by The Panel only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
By providing The Panel with your Personal Data you are consenting to us:
If, in the past, you have provided us with Personal Data including your CV/Resume, and you no longer consent to The Panel processing your Personal Data please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove your Personal Data from our system.
Personal Data collected/obtained by The Panel via your email application may include categories set out in the section below.
The Panel collects your Personal Data through the following channels:
- Email applications
- Email enquiries
- Telephone enquiries
- Reference and background checks
4.1. The Personal Data collected includes the following:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address(es)
- Your Phone Number(s)
- Areas of professional interest
- CV attachment
- Social Media profile URL’s provided within application, and/or where you have a public profile (for example LinkedIn), we may process the information available in conjunction with the information you provide directly to us
- Referral data – If you provide The Panel with information relating to persons other than yourself, for the purpose of The Panel providing recruitment services, you are responsible for its accuracy and relevance, and you must have the authorisation of the relevant individual to disclose their details to us
4.2. For the purpose of the recruitment services process we may also, but are not limited to, collect the following information.
- Education and Qualifications
- Remuneration details
- Work experience details
- Skill sets
- Personal Public Service Number (PPS)
- Limited Company Details
- Interview notes in relation to your suitability for a specific role(s) and client requirements
- Photo identification
- Copy of working visa
The Panel may also collect Personal Data from third party sources, for verification and vetting purposes. Prior to contacting third parties, The Panel will gain your consent, and will contact you if seeking additional information.
- Reference information (verbal and/or written)
- Work performance related information
Information obtained during reference checks, will be passed on to a prospective employer (usually at offer of employment stage).
5. Personal Data Uses & Processing
The Panel is an Irish owned and run recruitment consultancy, recruiting for and placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis in the areas of Accountancy, Banking & Treasury, Funds & Investment Management, Legal & HR, and IT & Business Change.
5.1. The Panel collects stores and processes your Personal Data, for the purpose of providing you with recruitment and/or related services, including:
- Pairing your details against relevant job vacancies
- Notifying you of suitable job opportunities
- Forwarding your Personal Data to client companies, in connection with a specific job, with your consent in each case
- Submission of your Personal Data to a client in relation to general employment, but only with your consent in each case
- Allowing you to apply for specific positions with client companies
- Allowing you to revert to us on any job or market enquiries
6. Disclosure of Personal Data
The Panel may disclose your Personal Data to third parties, only in relation to specific recruitment services if this is deemed necessary, and only with your consent to do so.
Third parties include;
- Organisations acting on behalf of our client’s, involved in supporting their HR functions (for example: outsourced HR firms and outsourced reference / background checking firms)
- The Panel’s internal advisors (for example: professional advisors, IT consultants involved in system upgrades or issues, outsourced email and marketing companies (example: professional company newsletter companies – managing distribution lists for the purpose of newsletters and mailshots)
- Third party contractor – If The Panel engages a third party contractor to perform services which involves handling or processing your Personal Data, we will ensure that they process your Personal Data in accordance with The Panel’s GDPR policies
- If the business structure of The Panel should change, for example in the event of a Sale, Merger or Joint Venture, your Personal Data may be disclosed to new or potential business owner(s) / business partner(s). In this event The Panel will ensure that such third parties only processes your Personal Data in accordance with GDPR
7. The Storage and Upkeep of Personal Data
The Panel will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Data current and up-to-date. This will happen via phone calls, email and general communication in order to stay in touch, and noting relevant changes to your profile. If there have been any major changes since our most recent interaction please contact us to allow us to update our records of your Personal Data.
8. Collection and Use of Technical Information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (.ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this website
- The type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor
The Panel will make no attempt to identify individual visitors or to associate the technical details with any individual. It is the policy of The Panel never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by The Panel and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "Personal Data" for the purposes of GDPR.
9. IP Address
10. Data Security
Password protected data will be stored both locally on our secure server (in Ireland) and in the cloud. Our systems are protected by up-to-date security measures including firewall and top of the range antivirus software to protect your data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
11. Procedures Related to Data Protection
All current staff will participate in GDPR training to ensure compliance with current regulations. All new staff will participate in GDPR training during their on-boarding process with The Panel. The Panel will hold GDPR training bi-annually for all staff.
The Panel have implemented strict procedures to protect your Personal Data, these include:
- Regularly updated and changed password settings for company computers and mobile devices
- Printed paper files, if deemed necessary, will be securely kept in locked storage. All temporary paper files will be shredded weekly
- The Panel premises is protected with a monitored alarm system and is securely locked
- On receipt of an application request The Panel will require a GDPR opt-in/opt-out response from you. This is a legal requirement in order for The Panel to collect and process your Personal Data for the purpose of your job application
By using the services of The Panel, your Personal Data as set out in 4.1 and 4.2 will be processed for the purposes set out in 5 above on the basis of your consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to The Panel processing your Personal Data at any time by notifying us in writing at any time on email@example.com for the attention of Alan Bluett, Data Protection Lead. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The Panel requires your Personal Data for assisting you with your job application(s), if you do not consent to The Panel processing your Personal Data you cannot register with The Panel.
13. Right of Access
You have the right to obtain from the Panel access to your personal data being processed by The Panel. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Alan Bluett, Data Protection Lead.
The Panel will always verify the identity of anyone making a Subject Access Request before handing over any information and provide the relevant data within one month of receipt of a Subject Access Request.
This will be provided free of charge in accordance with GDPR. Where your access requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, The Panel reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information.
You have the right to have The Panel rectify any inaccurate Personal Data which The Panel holds relating to you.
14. Right to erasure
Should you wish for your Personal Data to be deleted by the Panel, you can email email@example.com for the attention of Alan Bluett, Data Protection Lead., providing your name, email and contact details asking for your information to be deleted from our records.
Applicants have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection commissioner if they feel there has been a data protection breach at www.dataprotection.ie
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your Personal Data are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Alan Bluett, Data Protection Lead.
17. Data Protection Lead
21 Northumberland Rd,
Tel: 01 6377000